Welcome to Anxiety Counselling – a website created by a group of Brisbane Psychologists, dedicated to promoting health and understanding for those dealing with the symptoms of anxiety.
Anxiety is considered a normative response to stress, but when we can no longer cope effectively with stressors anxiety symptoms may become debilitating. Life events such as the birth of a child, death of a relative, marriage or separation can cause a decrease in mental health as individuals and families become over-burdened with the stress of change and the drain on resources.
The more common presentations of anxiety have been classified into specific categories:
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
- Phobia, which are triggered by a specific stimulus or situation
- Panic, panic attacks, or panic disorder (with or without agoraphobia)
- Social Anxiety Disorder (SAD)
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Childhood Anxiety Disorders, e.g., Seperation Anxiety Disorder (SepAd)
Counselling is a well known treatment strategy to promote mental health and to decrease the problematic symptoms of anxiety. Anxiety can usually be effectively treated with counselling using well validated strategies to prevent deterioration in general health, social functioning, and/or relationships.
Our psychologists and counsellors provide evidence-based therapies such as CBT, Schema Therapy, Psychodynamic Therapy, Neuropsychotherapy, and Mindfulness.
You may like to book a Free Emotional Health Check with one of our senior therapists, to find out which psychologist is best for you – help is just a phone call away!
We have psychology professionals based out of two convenient locations on Brisbane’s southside: