Psychologist Meggy Delaunay primarily works with children, adolescents and young adults, and has several years’ experience in Solution Focused Brief Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Play Therapy and Psychoanalytic Therapy. She also has extensive training in Family Therapy.
Meggy has a non-judgemental and respectful approach. She offers a professional and warm environment and takes the time to build a therapeutic relationship with young clients. Meggy believes in the importance of young clients understanding the reason for therapy, and makes sure that the young person is engaged in the therapeutic process. Meggy enjoys working with individuals and groups.
Before joining Vision Psychology, Meggy worked in New Zealand and Reunion Island (a French island in the Indian Ocean). She has over 15 years of experience in both public and private settings, and has worked with numerous clients from diverse cultural backgrounds.
Meggy has been professionally involved in hospital services (Diabetes and Child Development), not for profit organisations, Department of Child Safety, and centres specialising in the support of children with disabilities, in particular physical disability and children diagnosed with Asperger’s Syndrome or ASD.
Meggy’s fields of expertise include (list not exhaustive):
- Cognitive assessments for children experiencing difficulties at school, including written reports of findings and recommendations. A cognitive assessment provides a clearer picture of the client’s thinking and reasoning abilities and can also be part of a more detailed assessment (query, dyslexia, dyscalculia and memory issues);
- Supporting young clients living with a chronic condition such as Type 1 Diabetes;
- Helping children and adolescents to better cope with anger, anxiety, grief and self-esteem issues;
- Helping children and adolescents to become self-motivated, and find solutions to their difficulties
- Family Therapy;
- Bullying or Social Issues;
- Parenting Issues.
In addition, Meggy is a Parentshop® licensed practitioner in the “1-2-3 Magic® and Emotion Coaching” program (helping parents and carers to manage difficult behaviour in 2-12 year olds), and also the “Engaging Adolescents®” program.
Meggy is a registered Psychologist in Australia, New Zealand and France. She can provide therapy sessions in English and French.
Phone 1800 877 924 to make an appointment with Brisbane psychologist Meggy Delaunay, or book online.